2020 | Prof. Christopher Walker, Vice President for Studies and Analysis at the National Endowment for Democracy
- Defending Democracy in an Era of Digital Disruption
2019 | Prof. Charles Powell, Director Real Institute Elcano, Madrid
- Does the Liberal International Order have a Future?
2018 | Prof. Aníbal Cavaco Silva, Former President of the Portuguese Republic
- Portugal e o Aprofundamento da União Europeia
2017 |Prof. Anthony O'Hear, Director do Royal Institute of Philosophy e Editor de Philosophy, London
- The Western Tradition of Liberty and its Classical-Christian Roots in the Great Books
2016 | Sir Noel Malcolm, Professor, All Souls College, Universidade de Oxford
- "Thomas Hobbes - Absolutist & Proto-Liberal"
2015 | Prof. Margaret Macmillan, Warden, St. Antony's College, University of Oxford
- "A Guerra que acabou com a Paz"
Opening address Prof. João Carlos Espada
2014 | Prof. Marc Plattner, Vice-President for Research and Studies, National Endowment of Democracy; Co-Editor, Journal of Democracy |
- "The Era of Democratic Transitions"
Intervenção de Abertura do Prof. Doutor João Carlos Espada
2013 | Prof. Doutor Manuel Braga da Cruz, Professor na Faculdade de Ciências Humanas e no Instituto de Estudos Políticos da Universidade Católica Portuguesa
- "O Estado na Doutrina Social da Igreja"
2011 | Lord Raymond Plant of Highfied, King’s College London and House of Lords, London
- "The Neo-Liberal State and the Rule of Law"
2009 | Professor Sir Anthony Kenny, former Warden of Rhodes House, Oxford, is one of Britain's most distinguished academic figures. He has been Pro-Vice-Chancellor of the University of Oxford, Master of Balliol College, Oxford, Chairman of the Board of the British Library, and President of the British Academy.
- "The Idea of a University"
2008 | Professor Robert P. George, McCormick Professor of Jurisprudence e Director, James Madison, Program in American Ideals and Institutions, Princeton University
- "Natural Law, God and Human Rights"
2006 | Timothy Garton Ash, Director, European Studies Centre, St. Antony's College, University of Oxford
- "Are you a European?"
2004 | Sir Martin Gilbert, Winston Churchill's Official Biographer
- "Sir Winston Churchill: A Life"
2003 | Christopher DeMuth, President, American Enterprise Institute for Public Policy Research, Washington, D.C.
- "Competition as a Principle of Good Governement"
2002 | George Weigel, Senior Fellow, Ethics and Public Policy Center, Washington, D.C., Biographer of Pope John Paul II
- "Two Ideas of Freedom"
2001 | Michael Novak, George Frederik Jewett Scholar in Religion, Philosophy and Public Choice, American Enterprise Institute for Public Policy Research, Washington, D.C.
- "Tocqueville and the American Founding: What does Faith add to Reason?"
2000 | James Q. Wilson, Emeritus Professor, UCLA, Los Angeles, California
- "On Character and Public Policy"
1999 | Alfred Stepan, Gladstone Professor of Government and Senior Fellow, All Souls College, University of Oxford
- "Some Major Unsolved Problems in Modern Democratization: Theory and Practices"
1998 | Hugh Trevor-Roper, Regius Professor of History, University of Oxford
- "The Glorious Revolution of 1688 and the English Tradition of Liberty under Law"