3rd Phase (Spring Semester - February Intake)
|15 November 2022 to 10 January 2023
||12 January 2023
||19 January 2023
24 January 2023
||25 to 27 January 2023
|Beginning of classes
||1 February 2023
Candidates are accepted onto Doctoral Degree programs when meeting one of the following requirements:
- Undergraduates in one of the fields of Social Sciences that have completed their degree with an average grade equal to or above 16/20;
- Master’s degree holders in any scientific field that completed their Master’s Degrees.
Documents necessary for application
- Short Curriculum Vitae;
- Academic transcript (submission of photocopies - with presentation of originals);
- Passport type photograph;
- Copy of the vaccination bulletin (need to prove tetanus and diphtheria vaccine);
- Application Fee (not refundable): 3rd phase - 145€;
- 2 recommendation letters (optional).
Application Fee: applications are subject to payment of the application fee. This payment may be done through bank transfer.
Entrance Examination: candidates sit an entrance examination that involves commenting on a classical text drawn from Political Science/European Studies. One text is chosen from the two set to the student. Both texts are in English while the answer is written in Portuguese. This examination is solely indicative of the candidate’s interest in the fields of Political Science, International Relations and European Studies as well as their familiarity with English and does not assume specialist knowledge on the issues raised. A past examination paper may be requested from the Institute Secretary. The entrance examination is sat in the final application phase.
Interview: the applicant completes the admissions process with an interview designed to analyse both the documented contents of the respective application process and the individual candidate’s motivation. The admitted candidates will be contacted by the services.
Applications' are online and results will be available at the applications portal as well as at the course's secretariat.
Admitted candidates must enroll within the deadlines indicated in the calendar. Enrollment for Lisbon courses is online.
Upon enrollment, the respective fee (which includes school insurance) and the monthly fee for the first month is due.
These amounts are not refundable in case of cancellation of registration.
The same conditions apply as for national candidates. Additionally, international applicants must submit:
- Two essays written by the candidate with approximately 2500 words each, in Portuguese or English, on a topic of Political Science or International Relations, chosen by the candidate (these essays replace the entrance exam for national candidates). The candidate can submit some academic work that meets these requirements even if it has already been evaluated.